Thursday 20 August 2009

Musical Theatre - Day 4

Day 4 and everythings starting to click, my fear of singing isn't half as bad as it was earlier this week. Don't get me wrong I am still a pretty poor singer, but theres been some improvement all be it slight. The dancing has come along well on the whole but I made one big mistake which left me so angry, I know i can do the dances, i just need to keep my concentration. I now know why Fox Jackson-Keen was left inconsolable after he missed a flip in a show of Billy Elliot. I think I have taken in a lot so far this week, and from someone whos never danced before, I have really started to show some flair.

We had our first proper run throughs today, on the whole for about 10 hours work its all come on great. I think in honesty I would have preferred to have this course more spread out to allow me to practice a bit more in between classes. Maybe one a week for 6 weeks or something. However the intensity of it is all rather real, as you cant just do one rehearsal a week for a proper show. So there is that aura of reality there which is something I have coped with well.

There has been a lot of pressure and stress, but will it all have been worth it? I guess I will find this out tomorrow. I need to keep focused and get that winning mentality at the forefront of my mind. Or at very least I need to ignore that guy I mentioned yesterday who somehow manages to grind me every time we perform "One", he iss a nice guy don't get me wrong, its just in this dance he manages to get to me, but I'm sure it will all end up alright... well at least I hope so.

Anyhow the last update in this series of blogs tomorrow... will it be heaven or hell? We will just have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment